Investing in rental properties is a big decision, however, with adequate due diligence it is worth considering. Keep the following in mind when thinking about investing.
- Research rents in the area you want to pursue, both in as-is condition and with repairs or improvements
- Pick an excellent location that will yield long-term equity growth. Location, location, location… is the property near major roads, public transportation, and most importantly, schools.
- Think about your ideal tenants and what they are looking for in a property; this will help ensure your property will be in high demand.
- Consider starting small, affordable initial investment; and avoid properties needing significant repairs, since these could cause you to overextend yourself.
- Consider using a professional manager to handle day-to-day issues for tenants and repairs.
Are you ready to invest in rental property? Reach out to us today.